Saturday, April 26, 2008

TIME IN SONGS


The Right Time For…

A Song For The Lovers-RICHARD ASHCROFT (2000 / something in the air tells me the time is right, so we better get on)
Ayla-FLASH & THE PAN (1987 / when the time is right for love)
Destiny- JENNIFER RUSH (1985 / Now this time it's just right)
Endless-TOTO (1984 / maybe it’s the right time)
I'm Only Shooting Love-TIME BANDITS (1983 / Time is right, I'm only shooting love Times tonight, thats what I'm thinkin of)
Let’s Start Playing-BIG LIGHT (1993 / The time is tight... the time is right)
Moondance-VAN MORRISON (1970 / I know now the time is just right)
Meet Me In Verona-SALLY OLDFIELD (1983 / take me tonight, the time is right)
The Right Time-SPLIT MIRRORS (1987)
Song For The Lovers-RICHARD ASHCROFT (2000 / the time is right)




Only Time Will Tell

Dear John-LOVE & MONEY (1986 / only time will tell)
Don't Rush Me-TAYLOR DAYNE (1988 / only time will tell)
Eloise-BARRY RYAN (1968 / only time can tell) , DAMNED (1986)
For All We Know-CARPENTERS (1970 / only time will tell)
Make It With You-BREAD (1970 / only time will tell)
One Day-GARY MOORE (1994 / only time will tell)
One For The Mocking Bird-CUTTING CREW (1986 / time will tell)
Only Time Will Tell-ASIA (1982)
Stay-SHAKESPEARS SISTER (1992 / Only time will tell if you can break the spell Back in your own world)
We Can Work It Out-BEATLES (1965 / only time will tell if I’m right or if I’m wrong)
Why Can't This Be Love-VAN HALEN (1986 / only time will tell if we stand the test of time)




Time As… A Healer

Everything-JODY WATLEY (1989 / they say time can mend a broken heart)
I Can't Stop Loving You-DON GIBSON (1957)  RAY CHARLES (1962 / They say that time heals a broken heart But time has stood still since we've been apart)
I Come Undone-JENNIFER RUSH (1987 / Time heels the wounded)
It’s Raining Again-SUPERTRAMP (1982 / only time that heals the pain)
Just The Way It Is-REMBRANDTS (1991 / time has washed away my pain)
Louise-HUMAN LEAGUE (1984 / It's not always true, that time heals all wounds)
No Son Of Mine-GENESIS (1991 / they say that time is a healer)
Tiffany’s-PREFAB SPOUT (1985 / Time is the healer, time was on my side)




Time Flies

DJ-DAVID BOWIE (1979 / time flies when you’re having fun)
Head Over Heels-TEARS FOR FEARS (1985 / Funny how time flies)
Numbers With Wings-BONGOS (1983 / Time flies, sands on the hourglass)
Papa-PAUL ANKA (1974 / time just flew on by)




Time Is Running Out

Ever Changing Times-MICHAEL McDONALD & ARETHA (
1991)
If You’re Not Here-MENUDO (1984 / time is running out)
Time Is Running Out-MUSE (2003)
&
Lovers In The Wind-ROGER HODGSON (1984 / time is always on the run)




Time Is Standing Still

Boat On The River-STYX (1979 / time stands still)
If You Leave-OMD (1986 / Like time was standing still)
Straight Up-PAULA ABDUL (1988 / time’s standing still)
Time Stood Still-COMMON SENSE (2006 / Hellenic band)
We'll Never Have To Say Goodbye Again-ENGLAND DAN & JOHN FORD COLEY (1978)
You & I-SCORPIONS (1996 / time stands still when the days of innocence are falling for the night)




Time On Your Side

Daydream-LOVIN’ SPOONFUL (1966 / even if time ain’t really by my side / even if time is passing me by a lot)
It Don’t Matter To Me-BREAD (1969 / time is on my side)
Living Inside Myself-GINO VANNELLI (1981 / time is on my side)
The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up)-LEVEL 42 (1983 / time is on my side)
Time Is On My Side-THE ROLLING STONES (1964)




Time Slips Away-By-Into

Glory Days-BRUCE (1984 / time slips away)
Fly Like An Eagle-S. MILLER BAND (1976 / time keeps on slipping’ into the future)
Hard To Say It’s Over-SHEENA EASTON (1984 / time just slipping away)
Moonchild-RORY GALLAGHER (1976 / time slips by)
Nobody Wants To Be Lonely-RICKY & CHRISTINA (2000 / time is precious & it's slipping away)




Time To Kill

All I Need Is Everything-OVER THE RHINE (1996 & 2000 / we’ve got plenty of time to kill)
The Beautiful Ones-SUEDE (1996 / got too much time to kill)
California Blue-ROY ORBISON (1989)
I've Got An Angel-EURYTHMICS (1983 / time is time to kill)
Stop Killing Time-C:REAL (2000)
The Riddle-NIK KERSHAW (1984 / I got time to kill Sly looks in corridors Without a plan of yours)




Turn Back Time

Love Scenes-BEVERLEY CRAVEN (I'd give anything to turn back time, or get over you)
Turn Back Time-AQUA




Time In General… in songs

A Question Of Time-DEPECHE MODE
Africa-ROSE LAURENS (my time’s come)
All Behind Us-PATTI AUSTIN (time to wash away my tears)
Being Boring-PET SHOP BOYS (time will come to an end)
Burning For You-BLUE OYSTER CULT (Time is the essence Time is the season Time ain't no reason Got no time to slow Time everlasting Time to play B–sides Time ain't on my side Time I'll never know)
Butterfly-CRAZY TOWN (time is passing)
Captured-SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY & THE ASBURY JUKES (Time can never take away What is ours forever)
Careless Whisper-GEORGE MICHAEL
Don’t Wanna Lose You-GLORIA ESTEFAN (we stood the test of time and I hope that’s the way it will stay)
Dreamtime-DARYL HALL (time to wake up)
Endless Summer Nights-RICHARD MARX (time was all we had until the day we said goodbye)
The Girl Is Mine-MICHAEL JACKSON & PAUL McCARTNEY (a waste of time)
Got My Mind Set On You-GEORGE HARRISON (it’s gonna take time)
Hazy Shade Of Winter-SIMON & GARFUNKEL, BANGLES (time time time see what’s become of me)
Hold Me Now-JOHNNY LOGAN (1987 / time will be kind once we're apart)
I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues-ELTON JOHN
Interlude-TIMI YURO (1968), MORRISSEY & SIOUXSIE (1994 / time is like a dream)
It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over-LENNY KRAVITZ (so much time wasted)
Lessons In Love-LEVEL 42 (if we lose the time before us the future will ignore us)
Magic Moments-PERRY COMO (time can’t erase the memory of these)
Moving On Up-M-PEOPLE (time to break free)
Never Surrender-COREY HART (Just a little more time is all we’re asking for)
Obsession-DESMOND CHILD (time don’t wipe your memory off my lips)
Out Of Time Man-MANO NEGRA (1991 / Driver, wait for me please! I'm runnin' all in vain Tryin' to catch This fuckin' train Time don't fool me no more And I throw my watch to the floor It's so lazy Time don't do it again.... time don't fool me no more... time made a fool out of me)
Perfect 10-THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTH (1998 / I've bought a watch, to time your beauty... time takes it's toll, but not on the eyes)
Sweet Thing-HORSE (1990 / time takes its time in passing slow)
Tears In Heaven-ERIC CLAPTON (1992)
Tell It Like It Is-AARON NEVILLE, DON JOHNSON (my time is too expensive)
Time-ALAN PARSONS PROJECT
Time-PINK FLOYD (1973)
Time (Clock Of The Heart)- CULTURE CLUB (1982)
Time In A Bottle-JIM CROCE (1973)
The Time Is Now-MOLOKO (2000 / time takes too much time)
Touch Me In The Morning-DIANA ROSS (1973 / didn't we run away & hope that time wouldn't try to find us)
Turn, Turn, Turn-THE BYRDS (1965) see: To Everything There Is A Season (Limeliters, 1962)
Turn Back The Clock-JOHNNY HATES JAZZ (1987 / bring the wheels of time to a stop)
Un-Break My Heart-TONI BRAXTON (1996 / Time is so unkind)
Unchained Melody-RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS (1965 / time goes by so slowly)
Up Where We Belong-J. COCKER & J. WARNES (1982 / time goes by, no time to cry)
Waves-BLANCMANGE (1982 / you know the time's not kind)
We Have All The Time In The World-LOUIS ARMSTRONG (1969), FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS (1996)
When The Rain Begins To Fall-PIA ZADORA & JERMAINE JACKSON (1984 / time goes by so fast you’ve got to have a dream to just hold on)
Who Do You Want For Your Love-ICICLE WORKS (time is passing, you’ll be left behind)
Wishing Well-TERENCE TRENT D’ARBY (1987 / stealing time)
Woman In Love-BARBRA STREISAND (1980 / with you eternally mine, in love there is no measure of time)
Yesterday When I Was Young-SHIRLEY BASSEY (1970)
Young Turks-ROD STEWART (time is a thief / time is on your side)




About The “Times” in general

Bad Times-ELLIS, BEGGS & HOWARD (1988)
Bridge Over Troubled Water-SIMON & GARFUNKEL (when times get rough / your time has come to shine)
Let It Be-BEATLES (when I find myself in times of trouble)
Let’s Stay Together-TINA TURNER (times are good bad happy or sad)
Purple Rain-PRINCE (1984 / I know times they are changing)
Ready For Love-BAD COMPANY (times were hard but now they’re changing)
Things Have Changed-BOB DYLAN (times are strange)


...and especially the Good Times

Forget Me Nots-PATRICE RUSHEN (1982)
Good Times-CHIC (1979)
Good Times-MATT BIANCO (1988)
Let The Good Times Roll-SHIRLEY & LEE (1956)


No comments: